To locate a URL for a Research Guide:
1. Click on the Research Guides tab in the Discovery Search box.
2. Once you've located a guide you wish to use, copy the URL. If you are in the list view, you can right click on the guide title and copy the link. If the guide is open, copy the URL that is under the guide title and heading.
You may add a link to a library resource in either the course menu or within a content area.
1. Make sure the Edit Mode is set to "On."
2. Click the plus sign and select "Web Link."
3. In the form that opens, type a name for your link, copy and paste the URL you want to use, check the "Available to Users" box, and Submit.
4. After refreshing the page, you can drag the link to any position on course menu.
5. Click on the drop down next to the link to direct it to open in a new window. This will allow the student to navigate the library content and keep their course content easily accessible.
1. Open a content area, and in the “Build Content” menu, select “Web Link.”
2. In the form that opens, type a name for your link, paste in the URL, add a description. Be sure to direct the link to open in a new window. This will allow the student to work with the library content as well as navigate their course content. Select other options as desired and Submit.