1. Locate the database you are interested in recommending to your students by going to the Databases menu on the library website.
2. Do not click to go into the database; instead, right click on the database title and choose to copy the link location.
3. Follow the instructions for "How to Link to Library Content" which will show you how to put the database link into Blackboard.
You may add a link to a library resource in either the course menu or within a content area.
1. Make sure the Edit Mode is set to "On."
2. Click the plus sign and select "Web Link."
3. In the form that opens, type a name for your link, copy and paste the URL you want to use, check the "Available to Users" box, and Submit.
4. After refreshing the page, you can drag the link to any position on course menu.
5. Click on the drop down next to the link to direct it to open in a new window. This will allow the student to navigate the library content and keep their course content easily accessible.
1. Open a content area, and in the “Build Content” menu, select “Web Link.”
2. In the form that opens, type a name for your link, paste in the URL, add a description. Be sure to direct the link to open in a new window. This will allow the student to work with the library content as well as navigate their course content. Select other options as desired and Submit.