1. Locate the database you are interested in recommending to your students by going to the Databases menu on the library website.
2. Do not click to go into the database; instead, right click on the database title and choose to copy the link location.
3. Follow instructions to put the database link into Brightspace.
You can include an external link to a library page or resource within the Content, Discussions, or Assessments areas. Library links should always open in an external window and can be added to a module, topic, subtopic or assessment. You cannot create an external link to open directly from the Table of Contents; however, you can create a module for Table of Contents that includes a library link or other useful external links.
After selecting the library page or resource and locating the URL, within Brightspace, select the area you wish to add the link.
1. Click Upload/Create in the module menu.
2. Select Create a Link.
3. In the popup window, enter a title for the link and copy/paste or type in the URL. Check the box next to "Open as External Resource." While you cannot track the student progress of the link, you could track the content area in which the link is located. Click on Create.
4. If you want to include instructions or a description for the external library link, click on the context menu arrow next to the link title on the content page. Choose "Edit Properties In-place."
5. You can add dates and restrictions and a description that the student will see on the content page.