1. From a campus computer, locate an article within MCC's Discovery Search system (multidatabase search) or within an individual library database.
2. Locate the article URL in the article record or citation. It will be labeled as either "Permalink" (Discovery Search, Ebsco databases), "Bookmark this Document" or "Bookmark" (Gale databases, NewsBank - bottom of page), and "Document URL" (CQ Researcher and ProQuest Global Newsstream, bottom of page).
3. Copy the URL to use the library article link in Brightspace.
4. In order for the article link to work off-campus, check if the URL you paste and copy includes https://ezproxy.mclennan.edu/login?url= and the beginning of the string of characters before the second http. If not, please add it when you paste the URL into Brightspace.
You can include an external link to a library page or resource within the Content, Discussions, or Assessments areas. Library links should always open in an external window and can be added to a module, topic, subtopic or assessment. You cannot create an external link to open directly from the Table of Contents; however, you can create a module for Table of Contents that includes a library link or other useful external links.
After selecting the library page or resource and locating the URL, within Brightspace, select the area you wish to add the link.
1. Click Upload/Create in the module menu.
2. Select Create a Link.
3. In the popup window, enter a title for the link and copy/paste or type in the URL. Check the box next to "Open as External Resource." While you cannot track the student progress of the link, you could track the content area in which the link is located. Click on Create.
4. If you want to include instructions or a description for the external library link, click on the context menu arrow next to the link title on the content page. Choose "Edit Properties In-place."
5. You can add dates and restrictions and a description that the student will see on the content page.