Created by North Carolina State University Library.
1. Choose something that interests you. If you are having trouble, look through your class notes, search CQ Researcher database or some of the news links listed on this page.
2. Make sure your topic meets the assignment requirements.
3. Be creative. Find a topic that hasn't been written about over and over.
4. Focus your topic so it is not too broad. You can narrow a topic by using the four W's.
5. If you are not finding enough information, your topic may be too narrow. Try expanding the topic by:
Created by KState Libraries.